There is so much wisdom in our experiences, but many of us go through the motions and let life “happen to us” without giving it much thought.
I am always on the lookout for the lessons behind life’s happenings (both good and bad).
It is one of my soul specialities as a matter of fact, and is what makes me a great psychotherapist.
Understanding your experiences and then shifting your thoughts inspire change. And frankly, learning who you are at soul level and all your special little “ways of being” is one of the MOST perspective shifting experiences you will ever encounter. How do I know this? Because it changed the way I live my life and run my biz.
It is what allowed me to validate those things I was really good at. So while innately I knew that I sought out the wisdom in all the crazy shit that happens, it was not a conscious effort. Therefore, I wasn’t fully utilizing my “gift” to my advantage because I didn’t know to pay attention to it.
There are times when wisdom can be light and fun, and just remind me to appreciate life. And there are times when my gift is used to really help someone transform their way of being.
As I was white knuckling any perceived car appendage that I thought I could hold on to while traversing the streets of Italy, I decided to occupy my freaked-out brain with something I could learn from it all.
Here’s what I came up with:
1. If you’re driving in a car you must be either in a hurry or on a leisurely stroll. And if it is the latter it’s probably because your car has the engine equivalent to that of a lawnmower and you can’t get up the hill.
There are times to get a move on, but it feeds the soul to be slow and totally present.
2. If you are a female that needs to use the restroom at a service plaza do not expect a toilet seat. I guess the gals here learn to pee like a man.
You can learn a lot from stepping into the perspective of another.
3. You can stop anywhere along the highway and get a cup of really good coffee for about $.70. I think the last time coffee cost that in the United States was probably in the 70’s.
Be grateful for the little things. Gratitude fosters joy.
4. If you have to rely strictly on the road signs to get anywhere, you might inadvertently end up in Egypt.
Follow your inner guidance. It doesn’t lead you astray, ever.
5. A two-lane highway really means three lanes because somebody is always passing and it doesn’t really matter if cars are coming in the other direction or not.
6. Smoking is still a “thing”, in the car, with the windows rolled up.
Take care of your temple. It’s the only one you got in this lifetime.
Got some things going on in your life that you aren’t sure WHY they are happening? Perplexed by a few unhelpful choices you keep making over and over again despite knowing you keep doing it?
Let’s find the wisdom behind your experiences so you can learn and then let go. Let me know what you need so I can determine what reading is right for you.