What is Christmas and New Year's without rum balls? These suckers are gluten and dairy free, and are made with blood sugar safe sweeteners. The recipe yields the amount of cookies shown in the picture (a whopping 10). Sorry, I have a self-control problem around these, so I need to limit myself. Otherwise, I blame the husband for forcing me to consume all of them in one sitting, and then he reminds me for days that I have issues.
*Some of the links in this recipe may be affiliate links to help support my blogging activities. Virtual hugs if you use them!
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (you can use all almond flour if you want; I just get a little almond-y out and coconut flour is a little lighter)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol or xylitol (powder it by putting in food processor for a few minutes to break up crystals)
- 2T melted butter (just warmed, not scalding or you may burn your fingers)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 heaping T rum
- 15 drops Stevia
- Reserve just under 2T of the powdered sugar for rolling after. Mix the rest of the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix butter and liquid ingredients.
- Pour liquid into the dry mixture and use your hands to mix well.
- Roll into small balls, and then roll in the powdered sugar so they are 'dusted'.
- Refrigerate before serving.