People speak of confidence as if it is something to “get”, to “find”. Like it vanished at one point, when something embarrassing or uncomfortable happened.
- I lost my confidence back in 7th grade when I was bullied.
- I lost my confidence when my presentation went sour and I was the laughing stock of the company.
- I never had any confidence because my parents told me I was worthless growing up.
Speaking about it in this fashion is the equivalent of saying, “Because I was laughed at for being overweight in high school, my arm fell off my body and I lost it.”
Once confidence is perceived to be “lost”, the great hunt to find it begins! So you look for validation from other people. You follow XYZ’s blueprint on daily activities to boost self-confidence. You try to copy what others are doing because they appear confident and successful. You decide to move because a different environment will make it better.
How’s this working for you?
Sure, you gain some semblance of confidence by taking action and being successful at stuff. This proves that you are competent, and proficient. But this is the superficial, potentially fleeting kind. Ever tell yourself that you rocked at ___________________, but then the next time you go to do that very same thing it doesn’t work out? Yup, like I said, fleeting.
This reason why all this isn’t working for you is because your confidence IS YOU! It is who you are at soul level. Your strengths, gifts, and way of operating. You will not find this until you start to look within.
There is a Buddhist proverb that talks about how humans started to misuse their divine power, so the council of elders decided to hide it from them. They considered the depths of the ocean, and the highest mountain tops, but were convinced that that humans would hunt for it and find it in these places. So they decided to hide it in a place where they would NEVER look. Within each of them.
There is no one solution to “finding” confidence. Everyone’s version will be different because at soul level we are all different. Here’s how things change when you know yourself at soul level:
- You know, for sure, your superpower and soul specialities/gifts, you can stop trying to find this answer in other places…phew!
- You can stop worrying about what other’s think because you GET that it doesn’t matter. You can’t do it their way anyway; it just won’t work = fruitless effort.
- You realize that some of the stuff that you thought made you weak and appearing less confident are just the things that are you. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. The key is to use the strengths and figure out a way to deal with the things we aren’t great at. Most likely you don’t even like to do these things! This is why there are many people in the world with many professions…so you can HIRE someone.
- Self-love follows because you understand yourself in a whole new way, and can start making decisions that are in alignment with your divine nature.
If you are tired of “searching” for your “lost” confidence, and just want to do YOU, let me know so I can teach you who you are at soul level.