Cauliflower is chock full of vitamins and is said to aid in cancer prevention, heart health, and overall detoxification due to its antioxidant properties. It also helps prevent inflammation, something I talk about A LOT within my blog posts.
Cauliflower is often overlooked, and most people steam it to death so it gets a bit mushy. (Steaming it to the grave is only beneficial when making mashed cauliflower.) However, roasting is my favorite way to prepare this cruciferous veggie!
- 1 head cauliflower
- Coconut or Extra Light Olive Oil (EVOO is best for salad dressings, not heat cooking)
- garlic salt, or regular salt and herbs
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cut up cauliflower into florets.
- Place in baking dish and brush or drizzle florets with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt or seasonings of choice.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes. But this does depend on your taste preference. For a crispier snack, bake longer. The tops should brown nicely.