There is a huge cost to not stepping into your confidence. But so many of us are content to just live with a lack of self-confidence, worth, and personal power. It is in retrospect very safe because you never have to take any uncomfortable risks.
Plus, it seems that other things just take priority. Who wants to spend the time, effort, and money to boost self-confidence when there are bills to pay, a full time job, and kids to schlep to soccer?
I get it. But there is a HUGE price to living with status quo.
For over a decade financial responsibilities, material items, and finding the “right” job / my “life’s purpose”, led me on a desperate search for happiness from people and things outside myself. I didn’t realize how my lack of self-confidence and disconnect from my soul self truly impacted my life until I experienced my own transformation.
Here’s what I realized:
1. I made choices based on pleasing others. What did this get me? Choosing some career opportunities that I didn’t like or care about and in return, I either quit or just plain failed.
And the grand prize…more SELF DOUBT.
[Tweet "When you do things to please others, you are giving away a part of your soul. @loreearley"]
2. When you get involved in relationships because they are safe, but you know deep down that something isn’t quite right, it makes for a painful ending. And then you usually feel even worse about yourself, because your safety net just discarded you. Now you have fully embraced the victim role, which even further zaps your personal power.
3. I didn’t do a bunch of things I was really called to do because I was scared to do it on my own. The biggie… I wanted to study abroad one summer in college. I chickened out. I then became envious of those who took the leap, and didn’t want to listen to their adventures. Oh my.
And while I learned important and valuable lessons from my divorce, I probably would have called off the wedding knowing that I was marrying for all the wrong reasons.
4. My personal power issues manifested as physical disease. I suffer from a slew of digestive issues. The digestive system resides in the 3rd chakra, the Solar Plexus, which is the energy center that holds our fire, our personal power. Go figure.
And who really wants to be sick? I have spent a lot of money, effort, and time working on my health. Granted, I am much better now due to a complete diet and lifestyle change over the past 4 years, and I can now use my knowledge to teach others. But a decade of emotional baggage really took it’s toll on me physically.
5. I labeled myself “broken”, too sensitive, and weak because I cried easily and let others step all over me. I have sense learned that I am an empath (which is my intuition, and what makes me good at what I do), and that being “sensitive” is a gift as long as I effectively manage the energetic boundaries. But what wasn’t ok, was letting others walk all over me and making me feel “less than”.
Yes, we learn from life lessons. And yes, there is wisdom in every experience, of which I help my clients recognize.
But the cost of not owning your confidence RIGHT NOW, is your HAPPINESS and those regrets of not DOING what calls to you deep down in your core.
And my not honoring yourself, you are slowing losing touch with your spirit and authentic voice, the one thing that can actually help you find your way.
Life is way too short to compromise! What are you waiting for?