I talk a lot about following your own path. Why? Because at soul level we are all born with a specific purpose and with unique gifts to share with the world. You have a way that you operate best, and when you don't listen to your soul voice, spirit, authentic self (whatever you want to call it), things go wrong and you are unhappy.
There are further karmic consequences, too, when you choose to go against your grain. Karma is just a consequence of your actions; it involves a positive or negative choice that results in a positive or negative energy that follows. When you make a negative choice and don't remedy the situation in this present lifetime, that negative energy follows you to the next lifetime. This is why I often see connections between a client's past life vow of poverty, for example, and their struggle with keeping money in the bank in this lifetime. It happens to ALL of us! I have yet to meet a "perfect" soul.
My work with people can also be a catch - 22. Once I teach my clients who they are at soul level, and show them how they are not following their divine nature, they are now gifted with AWARENESS. And once you become consciously aware of yourself, you have the choice to either stay stuck and be even MORE unhappy (conscious awareness does this), or DO something different.
Doing something different can be super REWARDING. Things flow with ease, especially if you are using your soul level information to set up your business. You find happiness, peace, confidence, and a sense of well-being. Being called to do something different can also be uncomfortable and CHALLENGING, especially if you have to make a larger shift such as leaving a great paying job that has you stuck in a toxic environment.
Regardless of what you are being called to do, here are 5 tips to help you focus on the task on hand.
- Know your big picture but please, don't focus on it everyday. This just floods you with overwhelm and anxiety.
- Break up your action plan into small steps, and in going with #1, focus on those small steps instead.
- Own who you are. Stop comparing yourself to others and be confident in your ability to follow your own guidance.
- Information fast if you need to. This means unsubscribing from other people's emails about how you "should" be doing things in said-specific way. This will help you with #3.
- Get a happy place. Mine is on a balcony on a cruise ship listening to nothing but the water flow by. When you get to a place of overwhelm, visit your happy place. Yes, sounds corny, but it works, and helps you refocus.
Try following your own path for awhile and see what happens. If it scares you, think about this... you can always go back to the old way of doing things if it doesn't work out. I bet it will though!
Confused about who you are at soul level? Want to know your soul's superpower and some of the past life choices that are still affecting you today? Hop on the phone with me for a complementary call and I will fill you in.