I am sitting here looking at my screen, knowing that I have some words to write, but am having a hard time dragging them out. Part of the issue is that I brought back a case of Peruvian cooties from my recent travel. I can’t tell you how many planes, trains, and automobiles I was in, so frankly I am not surprised. Petri-dish central. Nonetheless, it has kicked my butt upon my return, and I have voraciously dug in to the goodies in my herbal apothecary.
The other part is that I am a routine, systems girl. I like order and organization. I like color-coded files and pens. I like ritual. But when I travel, it calls for an abbreviated form of my usual. So when I return home, I always feel a little bit lost. It takes some extra “oomph” to reconnect to my soul self. And right now I am on battery life-support as is. I got no extra “oomph”. And I HATE feeling lost.
This got me thinking about WHY it is so important to be connected to my authentic voice.
Frankly, when I speak to some people about knowing their authentic self, they look at me as if I have sprouted antennae and am speaking alien. I get it. It sounds more airy-fairy than a unicorn farting fruit-scented glitter. But in reality, I feel sooooooo sad when someone chooses to be stuck in a dissatisfying, even unhappy, life.
Yes, unhappiness is a choice. It may sound harsh, but belief in this idea separates those who are living by their soul’s desires from those who are living in their fear-based, ego-driven mind. The truth is, most people allow their fear and ego to drive their bus.
Let’s weigh the pros and cons…
When you LIVE TRUE TO YOUR SPIRIT, and listen to your authentic self, you:
- are in alignment with your purpose, which equates to a meaningful life.
- feel alive.
- are at peace.
- pursue the things you really want in life.
- experience joy (there’s nothing like it!).
- are confident and own your personal power.
- get the things you really want.
- embrace self-expression and creativity.
- have a deep inner-knowing and sense of personal worth.
When you live according to WHAT YOUR EGO TELLS YOU, you:
- worry about what others think and make decisions based on that.
- are guided by “should’s”, “ought to’s”, and “have to’s” (so painful).
- operate from a victim mentality which equates to a loss of personal power.
- experience regret.
- never really know what you are capable of, as you will always hold yourself back.
- live according to fear.
- stifle your voice, versus expressing your needs and wants.
- assess your self-worth by comparing yourself to others.
Be honest with yourself. Where do you stand? Where do you want to be?
There is nothing wrong choosing to ignore your authentic voice, albeit, it can be quite painful emotionally and physically. But many people are content with a life as such. And that is ok.
But if you WANT MORE, then it will require a mindset shift, a willingness to LISTEN to your spirit, and a call to ACTION to do those things in alignment with your soul self.
Scary yes. But well worth it! To me, it is even scarier to stay in THAT place where you wonder what could have been, and wished you had the guts to do something different.
If you are nodding your head in agreement, then hop on the phone with me by scheduling a free Soul Voice and Mindset Shift Clarity session. I get an understanding of where you are, your mindset, and what you want, and you gain clarity and ultimately take a step closer to where your spirit wants you to be.