You know what I mean...
- You enroll in a new course, and learn some really, really cool stuff. You are super excited that you have these new tools that you can’t wait to use with your clients. The course ends, it’s time to implement, and then… nothing. You reorganize your underwear drawer instead.
- You have an income goal of $3K this month. You know you need to post on Facebook 3 times a day. You have great momentum in the morning and share something, but then tell yourself that people don’t really want to hear from you more than once, so you are good for the day.
- You want to eat healthier, stop with the junk because it is giving you serious brain fog. You had 3 good days in a row. Day #4, the birthday cake at work called your name. You figured one piece would’t hurt. You had two.
Ever notice that the things you really, really, tell yourself you want, are exactly the things that you procrastinate about? How is that possible? Well, the truth is, we were designed to be wary of change.
If you think about this from an ancient, caveman perspective, any change in the tribal system or environment was potentially life threatening. Each member had a particular role, and that is what you did in order to survive. There was no thinking outside of the box, or doing your own thing. This was inconceivable.
Your physical body and ego are very primitive. One of the main functions is to keep you safe. This is a good thing, because you want your spidey-sense to kick in when you are in an unfamiliar city, or walking alone at night. You probably like being alive.
But your body and ego aren’t quite up on the times. They don’t always know what is truly dangerous, and what is just you wanting to make changes in your life / biz because things aren’t working or you are unhappy.
Using your news skills and training means that you are experimenting and entering into unchartered territory. Some things will probably work, and other things won’t. There is a risk of (gasp) failure.
Posting 3 times a day on Facebook means that you actually have to be visible and put yourself other there. Oh my, what if someone doesn’t like you? (double gasp!)
And if you have been eating sugary junk for awhile, you will probably be facing some physical body addiction, of which you will need to think outside of the box and make your own sweets, find a place to use some Tapping when you have a craving, and constantly remind yourself that this is temporary until your body can readjust to better foods. And this takes planning and effort.
Resisting what you want is quite normal. But it doesn’t need to control you. The trick is understanding the game, and choosing to do what you need to do anyway.
- Thank your ego and physical body for trying to keep you safe. Honor the system. But then…
- Have a conversation with your soul voice (invite the resistance in if needed), and decide what you are going to do anyway.
- Focus on your checklist that follows your manifesting blueprint. What is the next inspired action in alignment with how you work that you need to take to complete your goal?
- Do some visualized meditation that releases stagnation and brings in vibrant energy.
- Do some Tapping.
- Have a list of mantras that you can quickly run through to help shift your mindset.
Stop thinking, and just DO.
P.S. Want to stop experimenting and just "know"? Let me teach you who you are at soul level so that you can gain clarity surrounding your purpose, your divine gifts, and how you were meant to express yourself in your business. Step confidently into who you are, and start making money by serving how you were meant to serve. Join me for a 90 minute, Soul Discovery power session.