Before you get your panties in a wad, this post is NOT about emergency medication. I fully believe that in life or death situations, we are blessed to have pills that are life-saving. So now that I am done with this disclaimer…
We have become a society of “pill poppers”. You can take a pill for depression, anxiety, the common cold, indigestion, high cholesterol, pain, a slew of “diseases”, sleep, and the list goes on and on.
Why have pills become the main go-to when something isn’t right? Because they are EASY. And we have convinced ourselves that we are so busy with other stuff, that we don’t have time to bother with what is going on with our body.
But when you are dealing with depression, illness, or pain, your body is trying to tell you something. It is telling you that something is not right internally. Your system as a whole is out of sync. Even cancer is a sign that your cells are not doing what they are supposed to be doing, which is self-terminating if they become cancerous.
[Tweet “Medications MASK symptoms. They don’t ever FIX the real problem, so you NEVER get better!”]
Would you keep putting a dollar bill in a vending machine that doesn’t ever give you your drink?
When you pay for medication each month, you are essentially doing the same thing. You are spending money to cover up a problem. And as long as you are just covering whatever it is, you will need to keep spending your money on prescriptions.
Most synthetic medications are indeed derived from the healing properties of herbs. However, pharmaceutical companies isolate what they deem to be the most effective property of the herb, assuming that this is good enough. But the reason why herbs work so well, and have been used for tens of thousands of years by Eastern cultures, is because ALL the parts of the plant work together. You can’t isolate part of the system expecting it to do the same thing. It is like taking one wheel, the engine, and a door, and expecting your car to run the same way as when it has all its parts intact.
Here are some reasons why synthetic medications are toted as the solution to your health problems:
- Pharmaceutical sales is a billion dollar industry. Why get a remedy for free or for a fraction of the cost when you can have the privilege of paying someone for a less effective product? Plus, you MUST support someone’s tee time, because the best corporate thinking is done on the golf course.
- Pharmaceutical sales is a billion dollar industry. By trying to regulate herbs and stating they are unsafe (and yes, some of them are, but not nearly to the degree as man-made meds), the government ensures that the money goes to drug companies.
- Pharmaceutical sales is a billion dollar industry. One can’t make money off patenting turmeric, for example, a spice used to reduce inflammation, because it is essentially a food product. So therefore, let’s downplay the healing properties of turmeric so you can buy a fake anti-inflammatory instead.
- Pharmaceutical sales is a billion dollar industry. By downplaying the role of your emotions on your physical health, we can keep you stuck in your illness.
Do you get the picture? $$$$
So what exactly will help you solve your health problems?
Nutrient dense foods, proper self-care, sorting through your emotional baggage, and the use of healing herbs, teas, and spices. Yes, the food you eat is responsible for about 60% of how well you are functioning. Your emotions and chosen lifestyle is responsible for the other 40%. YOU have the power to reduce, or even reverse, your symptoms by doing the work yourself.
Do you want to solve your problem, or just keep covering it up?