You know when you really, really want something, you get that excited feeling in your body, and you can visualize yourself there, feeling confident, doing whatever, and reaping the rewards? You make big plans. And then...
You "magically" find a way to do nothing. The excuses play over and over again in your subconscious, you can't get them out of your head. It's like the curse of Disney's, "It's a Small World". You get on that little boat, enamored by the cuteness and dreams of the perfect multicultural happy place, but then you are stuck, stuck with that tune in your head, ALL DAY LONG. Soon the annoyances outweigh the sparkles and sunshine.
It doesn't matter what you want:
- To finally deal with a bad memory/situation so you can be happy again.
- That new McMansion with granite countertops so you can feel successful.
- To lose weight to boost your confidence.
- A career inspiring others.
- To save the world.
- To invent a time machine so you can get rich.
- To eat healthier so you aren't sick all the time.
- Or to simply surf the waves, and live amongst the beach dwellers in peace.
Why does this happen?
- Because as much as we would like to believe we make decisions based on well, thought-out logic, we don't. Our emotions drive our behaviors.
- Messages programmed into our brains (which most of us acquire when are are kids), act as a filter to our emotions. ( So if you got teased in 5th grade, and the means girls told you that you were fat and ugly, guess what you are still hanging on to today.)
- Then our subconscious decides whether our new plan, goal, dream is "safe" or would put us in danger, breeching that "comfort zone". (If you were in a bad car accident, guess what happens now each time you get in your car.)
- As soon as the subconscious decides that you have in fact, entered a possible danger zone, it shuts you down. Hello self-sabotage.
The ridiculous and annoying part is that the thing you want to do is probably not even dangerous, at least not anymore. But we have all these blocks...
Blocks about money, our self-worth, security, love, and success. Blocks that have cost us from really taking action toward what we want.
What do you think your life would be like right now if you actually followed through on all the stuff you really, really wanted to do, or "got over" the emotional baggage you keep carrying around?
This is why I created Breaking Free and A Quick Re-boot. Both programs are designed to help you get past the emotions so you can change your subconscious beliefs. And once you do that, you are on the road to freedom!